Friday, May 10, 2013

Sunday Funday~Being a Tourist in My Own City

Jason and I had some friends in town from St. Louis, since some of them have never been down here we thought we would go to the French Quarter for brunch, drinks and sightseeing.

Local artists line these gates with tons of artwork. The pictures behind me are all originals donw in pencil and  technical pens. It was really amazing stuff. 
Brunch at the Court of Two Sisters. This place is pretty famous and a must see when visting the city. Prepare your wallet though, it's really expensive. 
It was $100 for Jason and I for the buffet and mimosas. 

The heart of the French Quarter. A great place to people watch, get your palms read or check out some art.



This dog has been making his way around FB. His owner said this is how he sleeps. He takes him to the park which is right next to this area to kinda tire him out a bit and he sleeps in this position for a couple of hours. He was adorable, you can even pet him. I had to give this guy a dollar since I'm a huge dog lover. 
One of the many alley ways in the city. 



Pat O'Brien's. Definitely a must see place to go. Yep, that's my friend wiping bird poop off her shirt lol. The funny thing is, they had a couple right next to us throwing popcorn at the birds. I had just made a comment that it's all fun and games till someone gets pooped on and literally 2 minutes later my friend got pooped on!
Cafe Du Monde, we didn't stop by there since we already ate.
These drinks are called Shark Attacks. If your ever in the city you have to stop by Tropical Isle and get one. They made a huge show of it. When you order it. They sound an alarm, ring a bell, fog machines go off, the music gets interuped and a deep voice comes over the speaker saying it's, "it's a shark attack!" The sharks mouth is filled with this red simple syrup like stuff and then they stick the shark into the srink head first so it looks like blood is coming out. It was so fun to order this cause the group we were with had no idea what was going on and everyone at the bar just watches lol. 

The hubs and I in front of the St. Louis Cathedral 




Have any of you ever been to New Orleans?

5 comments:

Honeylushy said...

I've never been to New Orleans but my bf is taking a trip there next week! Any bars you could recommend? Im going to mention the French Quarter, and Pat O'Briens, that iced espresso drink looks delicious!

Miyan said...

omigosh, my dad was just in town from israel and had been in new orleans for a conference for a few days and came to dallas and told us about that dog laying in the casket! that's so crazy!!!!!!!

great pics!!!!!

Miss Aggie Kwong said...

lovely post!
it's great to walk around your own city

Say meow to me on:
Miss Aggie Kwong
Facebook: Miss Aggie Kwong

Lima said...

Woah, that dog sleeps like that?! My cat does that sometimes but she thinks of herself as a human, ha!

Would love to visit New Orleans, the closest I ever got is in one of our malls, they have a little New Orleans themed area. LOL!

Halima

xx

Anonymous said...

My coder is trying to convince me to move to .net from PHP.
I have always disliked the idea because of the expenses. But he's tryiong none the less. I've been using Movable-type on
several websites for about a year and am anxious about switching to another platform.
I have heard fantastic things about blogengine.net. Is
there a way I can transfer all my wordpress content into
it? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

my webpage Nike Air Max

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...