Monday, September 3, 2012

Here I am! Rock you like a Hurricane

Ok that was lame lol. Sorry for the long time no post, but we had a freakin' hurricane that hit us and we were without power for 5 days and no internet or cable for almost 7! Thank god my parents had power after 3 days because no AC and 90 degree weather does not mesh well together. 
As you can see where I circled, I was right in the middle of all the action. 

What sucked most about this storm was how slowly it moved. Once it made landfall it moved through us at around 5-6mph and just crapped all over everything and made a huge mess. We didn't have any damage in our area other than a few down branches and trees, but since the storm moved so slowly it gave it a lot of time to really mess up the power lines so more that 750,000 people were without power for at least 3 days. Some still don't have power and tomorrow makes a full week. Thankfully we never lost our water. 


Pics from my street.

We were pretty fortunate that we don't live in the lower lying areas because some people needed to be rescued with boats. This is the second storm I ever rode out that actually did some damage. The first one was Katrina and we stayed in the city at a hotel that my dad used to work at. We thought it would be like any other storm that we rode out. Go to a hotel for a few nights, eat good food, lay by the pool and call it a day. Yeah, Katrina wasn't having any of that and neither was Issac. I think I learned my lesson though, next time there is a storm and we are in the direct path of it, I'm getting the hell out lol.

Here are some pics of some of the surrounding areas. Makes you really thankful knowing how bad we could have had it. 




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember Katrina. I hope everyone made it out ok. Best wishes Hun xx

| C AND C | Sarmin said...

I am glad you guys are okay.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...