Saturday, May 14, 2011

Lush - Hair, Body & Skin Care Review

I started using Lush after hearing so much about their amazing products from TiffanyD on youtube. So far, I'm quite impressed with the things I've tried. Here are my favs...


Seanik Shampoo Bar - Seaweed and sea salt shampoo for body.
Soften tangled locks and add oceans of shine with this mineral rich, sea salt shampoo. Leave your hair full of body with a scent of a calm ocean. Seanik is made with softening Irish moss seaweed, Japanese nori seaweed and sea salt to give life back to flat hair.

Sea salt and lemon
Sea salt gives body and volume to hair that's fallen flat and the lemon oil makes hair shiny.


Buffy Body Butter - Use Buffy on wet skin, in the bath or the shower, to make you softer and smooth to the touch. Buff yourself all over, paying special attention to your backside if you would like special attention to be paid to it in future; rinse off the ground up exfoliating bits of rice, almonds and beans and pat yourself dry.

Softens the body. There's no need for body lotion after a Buffy, because the cocoa and shea butters in it moisturize your skin beautifully. There's something about exfoliating your body that makes you feel bright and bouncy, as well as smooth all over. Slay that cellulite.


Vit E Toner Tab - The Vitamin E Toner Tab is an excellent effervescent way to keep everyone's skin balanced and lovely. It has lavender essential oil to help your skin stay smoothly on course - not too dry, not too oily.

Vitamin-rich and reviving.
Its omega 3 oil and vitamin E come from nutritious algae to revive tired faces.

Lavender oil
Lavender is antiseptic and antibacterial. In a toner, it clears and calms.




My Review:


Seanik Solid Shampoo: I bought this for my husband because he has super straight baby fine hair. I thought this would give it a bit of a fullness boost. So far he really likes it. In fact I even tried it on my hair and I like it as well. Since I have such long and thick hair it takes a little working with to get a good lather. I seperate it into sections and rub it in my scalp and it lathers up really well, it also smells really nice. Some of Lush's products can smell a little too, woodsy? Not sure if that's even a word but you know lol. I'm also amazed at how long it lasts. We've been using it for about a month now and it still looks as if I just purchased it. The sales girl did tell me that it lasts 3 times longer than shampoos in a bottle and I thought she was exagerating, but she wasn't kidding! Since this one isn't meant for my kind of hair (dry, course and frizzy) I can't give the best review on it. I can vouch for a difference in Jason's hair though. He said his scalp doesn't itch anymore and I've also noticed no dandruff flakes. As far as more fullness, It looks the same to me, but his hair does look shiny and healthy. Make sure you keep this in a container out of the shower, b/c the heat and water will melt it.

Buffy Body Butter: I absolutly love this stuff! Im on my 3rd bar already. I mainly bought this to use on my legs. I tend to get shave bumps a lot and I have dry skin so I figured the exfoliating and moisturizing benefits of this bar would help, and it did! I buy the large one and have them cut it in half so It will last longer. I store it in a soap dish out of the shower as well because the just like the solid shampoo, the heat and water will melt it. So here's how I use it. After I finish washing, I rub this bar all over my legs, and then rinse it off with cool water. Then towel off, don't rub, just pat yourself dry. Your skin will feel a little greasy at first, but after it's absorbed into your skin it will feel nicely moisturized. Lush's website says there is no need to apply body lotion after this, but since my skin is pretty dry I apply body lotion over it. If I go a few weeks without using this stuff I noticed those shave bumbs come back. I would defnitely recommend this to anyone with dry/flakey skin. Just make sure that you don't have any self tanner or spray tan on when you use this stuff, b/c it will make your tan splotchy. Speaking from personal experience lol.

Vit E Toner Tab: Technically, your suppose to drop these in hot water, put a towel over your head and steam your face for a little while and it's suppose to clear and calm your skin. However, I like to break a little peice off, maybe about 1/3 of it and drop it into a travel spray bottle w/ purified water. I like to keep it in the fridge and spray it on right when I get out the shower. I don't know if it actually makes a difference, but it conatins vitamin E and omega 3 oils so it can't hurt. So after I spray it on I'll apply my usual moisturizer. These are only $2 each and they have different ones for all skin types. Next time I go to Lush I'm going to get 1 of each. They seem to last forever since you only need a tiny bit to fill up a whole travel spray bottle. I think these would also be great to keep in your summer beach bag as a refresher spray and also for those who travel by plane b/c the air in cabins can be really drying.

3 comments:

Love, Victoria said...

hahha i know exactly what you mean by woodsy too lol. i got the vit c tab, i think lol i haven't even used it yet - i haven't had the time to!!

Honeylushy said...

great review! you should try some of lush's lotions....soo amazing especially for sensitive skin.

Yonka said...

The idea about use of see salt , it is great just rush and try it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...